Items include: VHS, DVD, CD, Video Games, cassette tapes
Sell or Donate
- There are various websites where you can sell batches of DVDs and CDs.
- If you still have VHS tapes there are a couple of places you can pay to send them.
- You can sell your second hand goods through websites such as ebay, Facebook, Preloved and Gumtree.
- You can donate your unwanted items via websites such as Freecycle, Freegle and Freeloved.
Buy or Receive
- You can purchase previously owned CDs, DVDs and Games from a number of online retailers or charity shops.
- Downloading or streaming music and films saves the need for discs to be made and eventually disposed of.
- You can buy second hand goods through websites such as ebay, Facebook, Preloved and Gumtree.
- You can receive free items via websites such as Freecycle, Freegle and Freeloved.
Get Creative ~ Repurpose
Some things simply cannot be reused, recycled or repurposed.
Before buying them ask yourself if you really need them?
Video tapes should not be thrown away or put in your household recycling bin. The casing of a VHS tape is a plastic which takes centuries to degrade and the magnetic tape inside is coated with hazardous materials which is toxic when left to degrade in landfills.
Main Image Credit: Brett_Hondow | Pixabay