Items include: carpet, rugs, flooring, floor tiles, lino
Sell or Donate
- Donate carpets, rugs and flooring to charity, helping those in need.
- Pieces of carpet can be donated to animal shelters.
- Contact your local veterinary practice and ask if they need any old bath mats.
- You can sell your second hand goods through websites such as ebay, Facebook, Preloved and Gumtree.
- You can donate your unwanted items via websites such as Freecycle, Freegle and Freeloved.
Buy or Receive
- Instead of buying a new rug, you could get carpet off-cuts from carpet shops.
- Go green and buy a biodegradable rug.
- Antique rugs can be bought in auction houses.
- You can buy second hand goods through websites such as ebay, Facebook, Preloved and Gumtree.
- You can receive free items via websites such as Freecycle, Freegle and Freeloved.
Get Creative ~ Repurpose
Carpet offcuts could be used to:
- Go under a liner when creating a garden pond to stop stones piercing through
- Put on the top of an open compost bin to keep the heat in
- Make into a rug
Create your own rug
Some things simply cannot be reused, recycled or repurposed.
Before buying them ask yourself if you really need them?
If you have excess carpet when having new carpet fitted find a use for the off cuts. There are a few ideas above.
Main Image Credit: geralt | Pixabay