New Year, New You!
Perhaps you’re looking to declutter this year.
But what can you do with your unwanted items?
- Online: Using social media platforms or online market places.
- At a car boot sale.
- At an auction house.
- To specialists: Whether it’s antiques or books, there are specialists who buy specific items and collectibles.
- To organisations that offer cash for items: Jewellery, DVDs and clothes, to name a few.
- Swap your clothes at Pop-Up Swap events.
- Charities accept a range of preloved items and some specialise in particular items such as wedding dresses or furniture.
- Library of things collect and rent out items such as DIY and gardening tools, appliances and equipment for leisure and hobbies.
- Friends and Family: Clothes hand-me-downs and preloved baby items may be appreciated by friends and family.
- Online: Using social media platforms and websites such as freecycle.
- Take your rubbish to a recycling centre to ensure the items are recycled as much as possible.
- Use specialised recycle bins for items such as clothes, batteries, light bulbs, electricals and soft plastic. Many of these can be found in shops.
Image Credit: Alexas_Fotos | Pixabay