Halloween can create a lot of waste. Here are a few ideas to try to have a waste-free Halloween this year.
🎃 Halloween Decorations
- Make your own decorations out of items you have in your home – check out our Pinterest page for some ideas.
- Buy second-hand decorations from charity shops and online market places.
🎃 Halloween Costumes
- Make your own costume out of items you have in your home – whether it’s becoming a ghost from an old bed sheet or creating a cat’s tail from an old pair of tights.
- Check out the charity shops and online market places for second-hand costumes.
- Swap Halloween costumes with a friend or hire one.
- Or just re-wear one you’ve worn before.
🎃 Halloween Food
- You’re likely to have a surplus of pumpkin this month, so whether it’s Pumpkin Pancakes or Pumpkin Pie, check out our Pinterest page for a range of pumpkin recipes.
- Ditch the plastic wrappings and make your own sweet treats.
And, once Halloween is over, make sure your costumes and decorations don’t get thrown away.
If you don’t want them anymore, sell them or give them away.